Advanced skin cancer removal
The prognosis is good for most skin cancers that are detected and treated early. An advanced technique helps to ensure that cancer is eliminated. Mohs surgery is the primary focus of several providers at Allied Dermatology and Skin Surgery. Patients in the Akron/Cleveland area are fortunate to have this talent close to home.
akron – mayfield heights – mentor
What makes Mohs differentOnly a portion of a cancerous lesion is seen at the surface. It has roots that extend deeper. If they are not eradicated, the cancer will come back. Traditional treatment involves removal of the lesion and a significant amount of surrounding tissue in an attempt to avoid recurrence.
Mohs micrographic surgery is a precise method of removing the lesion under microscopic evaluation. A special dye-mapping process defines the exact borders and depth. The cancer is removed one layer at a time, with each sample checked under magnification, until no cancerous cells remain.
Mohs Surgery: The Most Effective Treatment for Skin Cancer
Benefits of Mohs surgery
- Highest cure rate (up to 99.8 percent) – It is the preferred treatment for larger basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas, recurrent skin cancers, and lesions on fleshy areas such as the nose. Mohs is also appropriate for some melanomas.
- Minimal destruction of healthy tissue – That means a smaller wound, faster healing, and less scarring. Reconstructive surgery, if needed, can be done the same day.
- No guesswork – The surgeon has a clear plan for removal of diseased tissue.
- One procedure – Treatment is completed in the convenience of one visit. You have peace of mind knowing that the cancer is gone when you walk out the door.
- Only local anesthesia is needed.
skin cancer screening, evaluation of moles, growths, and lesions, and treatment of skin cancer including Mohs micrographic surgery.
- Dermatologist in Mentor, OH describes the benefits of Mohs micrographic surgery for skin cancer treatment
- Learn about Mohs micrographic surgery for skin cancer in Mentor, OH
- Mayfield Heights, OH patients ask, “Am I a candidate for Mohs surgery?”
- Mentor, OH, clinic patients ask, “What is Mohs Surgery?”
- Patients near Mayfield Heights and Akron ask, “Is Mohs surgery dangerous?”
- Is Mohs surgery in OH the cure for skin cancer on the face?